Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Tomorrow

"Tomorrow," Nurse Cristine said.

She has promised me a recipe from raspberry tiramisu and forgot it last week. During one of my chemos we had spent most of the time discussing food and cooking, leaving me ravishingly hungry by the end of the session.

I was at the hospital for my consultation with my new oncologist, Dr. B. My previous one, Dr. V. had rotated to a new assignment. I am cheered dealing with the equivalent of residents. The bad cases go to the profs.

Dr. B was from Ste. Croix in Canton Vaud. She was surprised that I knew it but when I lived in Môtiers my first three years in Switzerland, it was a short cut from the Geneva airport home. Never mind the winding road up the mountain nor the couple of times in the fog where I drove with the door open to see the center strip.

It also has a mechanical museum that I've been saying for 25 years I want to see.

The new doctor may inspire us to visit as I try and show Rick all the wonderful in Switzerland.



No comments:

Post a Comment