Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Wigs, wigs, wigs


I'll admit it

I'm vain. I'm not cute and adorable as I was when I was a teenager, but I still want to look my best.

I never wanted chemo both because I hate not feeling my best, but also because I don't like not looking my best.

Many of my fears (such as no longer having pretty matching lingerie) have been proven wrong.

Today Rick and I went to the wig shop.

Michel the owner, and his adorable Yorkie (I don't really believe that he uses the dog fur for the hair based on M's smile) showed me "medical" wigs so light that it would feel natural on the hottest day.

He explained that hair begins to fall between the 12 and 15th day after the first treatment. At that point go to see him. He will make the wig for me in the color and style, and also cut off my own hair.
The loss of eyebrows and eyelashes can be compensated for by a makeup course.

The cost? AVS (the Swiss Social Security pays for it).

We saw a number of wigs that I would wear.

Pretty lingerie and hair that will probably look better than my own.

I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment