Friday, August 28, 2015

Up in he sky

It's a bird, it's a plane it's Superman!

Today I had my sixth physio in two weeks, although I only had a prescription for three more, but the man made my arm feel so wonderful, I was willing to pay for the extra ones myself.

Imagine my shock to discover each session was only 16 Euros. Now, I'm thinking to use the rest of the prescription in Geneva where I still have three unreported to the insurance company. Of course, I can get a new prescription as needed. Physio is considered part of the healing process for as long as needed. Since my lymph nodes won't grow back, this is reassuring.


I think of the new therapist as Superman.

Having worked with three physiotherapists since my operations and all three use totally different methods, I give new credence to the saying more than one way to skin a cat.





Besides massage and exercise he used a strange machine that was a cross between a robot in some SF movie and vacuum cleaner. I wasn't sure whether to greet it or not.

I now that therapists undergo extensive training in France and regular courses to maintain their status. He knew all about the lymph nodes.

I'm glad he's here so when I finally get back to normal and spend time in Argelès, he will be there to help. I might even bring him some Swiss chocolate...but I'm not sure if my robot vacuum would like a Swiss gift or not.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment