Monday, July 6, 2015

I love HUG

Here is HUG. I love the faces on the building.

The system is you take a ticket and wait for your number. They ask your birth date, name then print out tons of labels to put on whatever other documents they need to identify the patient.

There is a positive message about stoning the cancer right out of your body. Give me lots of stones. Julia has threatened to beat it out of me. Maybe they are in cahoots. I don't care how it comes out, it has to go.

I love the colors in the waiting room. The room has a peaceful feel.

I didn't recognize Dr. Monnier at first. She was my wonderful surgeon for my 2011 cancer. However we hugged at HUG. Unswiss but felt good.

Rick was with me. He wants to be part of this and I don't want him to feel shut out. I also don't want his imagination to conjure up unnecessary worries. I can do that pretty well myself.

This time Dr. Monnier and I spoke in English, more for him than for me. She'd spent seven months in San Francisco, which had improved her English considerably. Her nurse Pascale also spoke in English, but was not comfortable doing so. Later on she and I communicated in French. I do admit I do need more repetition in French and often discovered I DID UNDERSTAND after all but feel better having checked.

No delays on anything. I will have more tests on Thursday to determine if there is cancer anywhere else.

What happens with my Lymph nodes depends on if they are clean or not.

The breast is most likely history.

Chemo is not OFF the table, but it won't conflict with Llara's visit at the end of August.

Pascale took me to an air-conditioned room for the paperwork, directions, appointment times. She also showed me all the prosthesis alternatives. Okay, so I won't be pretty naked, but I'll look okay clothed.

Another step out of the way.

The speed is good. Surgery will be July 17. Unlike when they operated on my face it WON'T be on my birthday.


1 comment:

  1. Much thanks to you for giving such significant data, and a debt of gratitude is for sharing this Business Promotion system.

    ReplyDelete