Monday, July 13, 2015


I have been so moved.

My Syrian friends, wonderful people, that I've met on their visits to Geneva and mine to Damascus have all sent their good wishes for my surgery tomorrow. There is so much more happening in their lives than in mine.

I worry about them far more than they should worry about me. Every time I see them pop up on Facebook I think, they are okay for another day. I will forever be grateful to the World Council of Churches for housing Marina across the hall and the friendship that ensued where we've shared families as well as all the normal things friends do.

I'm all packed and ready to go. Scooby II (a family joke taken up by many over the last few years) is peeking out of my backpack for a photo op at the hospital. 

Although I pride myself on originality, I do think a gall bladder operation as the first step to cure breast cancer is a bit over the top even for me.

1 comment:

  1. This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject. Please check out my site.

    ReplyDelete